The Vale is composed of a mix of hardwood and evergreen trees; it is a heavily forested region, second only to the Great Cedar Forest in size.
A variety of animals have been seen in the forests, including black bears, wolves, boars and dire moose, as well as a giant roc. These creatures seem familiar with hunters using firearms, likely due to the local orcs' use of the weapons. A colossal bear spirit known as Karhu also roams the Vale; it is a remarkably calm being and, by some means not well understood, all magic ceases to function in its presence.
Points of InterestEdit
- Orc Village - A rustic tribal village, made mostly of tents, teepees and a few longhouses, where the bulk of the orc people live.
- Orc Fortress - A short distance south of the village, this modern wooden fortress was where the Orc King held court. It is now being repurposed as a lodge.
- Orc Lumber Camp - The orcs were clear-cutting a massive area of trees which were being floated down river to a lumber mill.
- Longhouse of the Elders - Once home to the elder orcs who were exiled from the village for disagreeing with the Orc King's break from tradition. Now their habitance is by choice.
- Druid Circle - The circle of the Sawtooth Vale druid community, once briefly occupied by shadow-druids. Its keyword is "Adon."
- Fountain of Couth - This ancient fountain was guarded by an ethereal prescence and puzzles of wit and wisdom. After several Pathfinders drank from it, the fountain ran dry, perhaps forever.
- Karhu Totem - A totem pole dedicated to the bear spirit Karhu.
- Tower of the First Orc - The last remains of an ancient building. The First Orc lives in its highest room.
- Sawtooth Vale Mines - An old mine, where the orogs of the Fifth once lived. The entrance is now sealed.
- Orc Burial Grounds - An old, highly spiritual burial ground, where feckless wandering is considered taboo for the local orcs.
- Winterpeak Falls - A mighty waterfall that interrupts the Sawtooth Vale River.
- Sawtooth Lake - A large lake that serves as the headwaters for the Sawtooth Vale River.
Routes and RiversEdit
- Sawtooth Vale River - This rapid river runs north-to-south past the Longhouse, Lumber Camp, Village and Fortress. A large waterfall interrupts its flow.
- Entrance to the Underdark - Several tunnels in the Mines, extended by the orogs, eventually connect to the Underdark.