The Ashen Plains lie at the base of an active volcano, from which a thin layer of ash is constantly spewn. Lightning continually flashes from the ever-present, thick clouds that cover the sky, and there is almost no vegetation in the area, as the air and ground is choked with dust and smoke. A stand of white, petrified trees lies south of a ruined city, near a large lake which feeds the River Dusk.
Dark folk walk the streets of the barren city, as well as salamanders and other firey creatures. A great red dragon known as Amurru used to live in the volcano with his three wives and many children; whether the family will stay now that their patriarch has been killed remains to be seen.
Points of InterestEdit
- Ruined City - A burned-out city at the center of the Ashen Plains, formerly known as Wyrmstad. The buildings, or what is left of them, are made entirely of stone and cement.
- Mount Wyrmstad - The volcano at the center of the Ashen Plains, former home of Amurru.
- Church of Abadar - At the edge of the Ruined City stands a church to the god of civilization, which remains strangely untouched despite the surrounding devestation.
- Shipwreck - A beached ship that lies on the shores of the River Dusk. The Pathfinders have yet to closely examine it.
- Kiragg Lake - An unexplored lake south of the Ruined City.
- Ornithopter Crash Site- A ruined flying machine was discovered on the northern edge of the plains. The machine was recovered and repaired, and can now be flown using a magic rod.